onsdag 22 maj 2013

The Prologue

Dear Sis,

I have arrived at my destination after a very bumbpy trainride for several hours and I must say it looks even better in reality than in the broschure from the institute! All this nature all around and still a very modern society. I do understand why the Institute of Progress have chosen to have an enclave here. It is perfect. Just perfect!

Why they are sending me is still a mystery to me though...

When I just arrived, outside my smurf-house. And no it is not the trashcan!
Apprently they liked the title of my paper best of all the 100 of applicants they had:

Winemaking on a Molecular basis - How to utilize science for the perfect bottle

I just hope that I can live up to their expectations! I mean, I am no scientist! Not by a longshot! I have a college degree in Entrepreneurship and Visoning and took a sideclass in Plant Biotechnology thats all. I know nothing about gardening, nothing about how on earth you actually make wine. Still, they found my ideas about combining the frontier sciencetific knowledge of today with winemaking intriguing enough to send me out here for a year. I don't know what that say about their sanity or my lack of confidence. Or maybe they see ME as a big scientific project?!

Anyway, it is getting chilly out here and I better go in again. There is a lot of things I need to get started tomorrow. The house (Blue as a smurf btw) is obviously an old dorm and are having the furniture thereafter. But hopefully I will be able to change that as time goes.

Yours truly,
Rose

7 kommentarer:

  1. A brainy sim, living in a smurf house, with a mysterious Institute benefactor~~sounds intriguing! I don't think I would want to be a science project though, that sounds dangerous, lol

    Great start! =)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I rally love this founder so it is very encouraging to have someone else like the story I am weaving as well. And I dont think that science Project would be that bad. I hope....

      Radera
  2. Oh wow. That's intriguing! Is she there to do a science project, or be a science project? What a neat twist! Can't wait to see Rose's smurf house and what she gets up to!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I do have to take a proper picture of the house dont I? It is really, uuhm... blue! :-) My aim is to get a chapter up tomorrow after work otherwise on Saturday!

      Radera
  3. Your English is really good :) I'm awful at learning other languages, we did French in school for 5 years. I know "bonjour" and "oui"... LOL!

    Anyway, this seems exciting! Exclusively picked to join a new community, and no idea why! Can't wait to read more :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thnak you! I think countries where english is NOT the native tongue do have an edge Learning a second language because english is all around us. We are more or less spoonfed all the time.

      Well, she do know why - they liked her essay. I guess she just cant believe that she was the lucky one. Bad self-confidence in a nutshell poor girl...

      Radera
  4. I'm curious too about what exactly they've chosen her for. To make nectar?

    SvaraRadera